Updates have been backing up and here are the programs I’ve noted down to evaluate and add to the site. These days I try to give each new program more attention, so I download and test them all, create a few sample images, and mention each included program in a blog entry. It will take a while to get through them all, so I’ll simply list them for now. Just think, before I Do Imaging, a ‘list of links’ was what passed for a ‘free medical imaging software web resource’. Hard to imagine, but true.
In no order at all, they are:
- CTP-The RSNA Clinical Trial Processor: A program providing MIRC functionality.
- PACS Java Viewer Lite, a DICOM viewer designed to work with DCM4CHEE. From Turyon, in Spain.
- Camino Diffusion MRI Toolkit in Java, from University College, London. Seeing lots of DTI programs these days.
- DTI-TK toolkit from the Penn Image Computing Lab.
- ImageJ 3D Viewer plugin. ImageJ is a platform unto itself.
- Oviyam, a web based DICOM viewer and part of the dcm4che family.
- Live-Vessel segmentation of vessels and vascular trees.
- TurtleSeg segmentation, from the same group, at Simon Fraser.
- DicomNIFTI converter, though their site is down just now.
- XNAT Tools, part of the giant XNAT project. Tons of stuff here.
- Weasis Viewer, another in the dcm4che family.
- JIST, Java Image Science Toolkit.
- NIAK, Neuroimaging Analysis Kit for FMRI, in Matlab.
- Lipsia: Leipzig Image Processing and Statistical Inference Algorithms. FMRI data analysis.
- DicomCleaner from David Clunie, for processing headers of sets of DICOM images. Straight from the source.
- Voreen, Volume Rendering Engine. Not just for medical imaging, but highly relevant.
- Dicoogle, an interesting PACS engine. From Portugal.
- Canvass, a modern-day 3DViewnix.
- MITK 3M3 Image Analysis, A Dicom viewer based on MITK. A major project.
- ImLook4D image visualization and analysis in Matlab.
- CreaTools applications and development environment from CREATIS. Another big project.
- dicomsdl C++ libraries for DICOM.
- PrivacyGuard / DICOM Confidential, looks to be an extremely thorough DICOM anonymization application.
- 3DimViewer, a DICOM viewer, from the Czech Republic.
Plus a few to evaluate that may or (likely) will not make it to the site for various reasons.