DTI-TK is a spatial normalization and atlas construction toolkit for manipulating diffusion-tensor images (DTI) while retaining the tensorial nature of the data. It implements a registration algorithm that aligns white matter (WM) tracts by matching the orientation of the underlying fiber bundle at each voxel. The algorithm has been shown to both improve WM tract alignment and to enhance the power of statistical inference in clinical settings.
The key features include:
- NIfTI support for scalar, vector and DTI volumes
- tool chains for manipulating DTI volumes: resampling, smoothing, warping, registration & visualization
- pipelines for WM morphometry: spatial normalization & atlas construction for population-based studies
- built-in cluster-computing support
- Interoperability with other major DTI tools: AFNI, Camino, DTIStudio & FSL